Track the fascinating life of Don Mariano Guadalupe Vallejo in a fast-paced, unforgettable 1.5 hours that reveals how Sonoma and the players in the Wild West, helped turn what was Mexico into the state of California. Learn about the four Native American Indian tribes that occupied the land first and how their lives were forever changed. What was Sonoma’s role in regards to the gold rush and do we really have secret tunnels with an entire town below the plaza? What did women do in Sonoma back in the 1800’s? What about ghosts?
This must-experience Wine-Country-history-tour includes inspiring visits to:
- The Soldier’s Barracks
- The Depot Museum
- The Toscano Hotel
- The Historic Sonoma Plaza
- Unexpected locations even locals don’t know
Sonoma History Scoop Tour
Duration: 1-hour and 30 minute walking tour
Every Saturday at 10:30 AM or any day or time we have availability for 6+ guests
Location: California State Park sign at the map in the middle of the courtyard
- Learn about Sonoma’s Cowboys, Indians & Pirates…oh my!
- See Museums and relevant landmarks
- Hear fun stories from a fun and knowledgeable guide
- Enjoy Sweet Scoops Ice Cream, its included!